Keep Reading To Learn The Secrets To Looking Skin
Drinking at least 8 cups a day will rid the body and skin of toxins which results in radiant, glowing skin.
My go-to tip for flawless skin is to eat well and stay hydrated with water and healthy fruit and veggie juices. The power of great nutrition can significantly impact the health of your skin!
When it comes to trying different products, be sure to consult with a pro and do your research on what works for people with similar skin as yours.
Lastly, be patient and give the products you’re trying a few weeks to truly judge whether they work or not. Of course don’t use anything long-term that is blatantly causing irritation or pain.
- Eat a healthy diet and keep hydrated.
- Be sure to cleanse, exfoliate and moisturize everyday.
- Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow primer.
- Laura Mercier Translucent Powder Glow.
- Becca highlighter in Champagne Pop, Prosecco Pop, and Rose Gold.
Never sleep with makeup on!
If your makeup isn’t fully removed or the skin isn’t fully prepped before you apply your serums and creams, there is only so much they can do.
Improper cleansing can lead to dull skin, congested pores and products not performing at their optimal level.
My number one tip for flawless skin is to invest in a good skincare routine of products that fit your budget.
Also be sure to wear a good sunscreen and drink 8 glasses of water daily.
In my opinion, flawless looking skin is smooth, soft, and plump with a healthy sheen. The best way to accomplish this is through exfoliation.
Many people underestimate how important it is to exfoliate on a regular basis. And, the older you are the more often and more intense your exfoliating methods should be.
I’ve been “addicted” to skin scrubs since I was 15, starting with the Buff Puff sponge in the 1970s.
Now that I’m almost 60 (Yikes), I use two different exfoliating methods:
- Manual scrubs
- Chemical peels
I make a homemade manual scrub by simply mixing water (use oil if your skin is dry) and sugar. Make a paste, massage all over, then rinse and moisturize.
Sugar contains a natural enzyme to help break down the glue that holds dead skin cells together. I do this a few times a week in the shower.
A few times a month, I also use a lactic acid chemical exfoliator. Lactic acid is best for dry skin. You apply the serum with a cotton pad, leave it on for a prescribed time (like 2-4 minutes), then rinse well and moisturize.
Your skin will be able to absorb your anti-aging and moisturizer creams so much better when it’s clear of those nasty dead skin cells. Plus, your face will glow and have a luminous healthy sheen!
My #1 tip for flawless looking skin is gut-health and gratitude.
- Our gut is the main motor of our immune system and organs (aka skin). If the foods you are eating aren’t nutritious for your health, the skin can’t produce its best version of itself.
- Gratitude, because the mind is the most powerful tool we have, and our internal/external reality is a direct result of its perspective and habits.
I think my number one tip for flawless looking skin would be to never touch your face.
I always make it a point to never touch my face throughout the day because you never know what kind of bacteria may be on your hands.
We type, write and do a lot of other things with our hands, and touching your face (especially your acne) can irritate your skin and cause even more breakouts.
More Skincare Tips
Want more skincare tips?
- Check out our guides on how to reduce the appearance of scars, and how to combat acne around the mouth area.
- Reduce scarring with hydroquinone creams (and their safer alternatives).
- Invest in a facial cleansing brush like the Clarisonic Mia 2 to amp up your skincare routine.
- Stick to a lighter makeup application and products with better ingredients. Go for non-comedogenic makeup, mineral foundations, and foundations for sensitive skin.
THANKS AGAIN TO THE EXPERTS FOR SHARING THEIR BIGGEST TIPS FOR FLAWLESS LOOKING SKIN!
LET ME KNOW YOUR FAVORITE SKINCARE TIPS IN THE COMMENTS SECTION.