If you’re on your way to your dream life and are looking for some help in your glow up journey, I’ve compiled a list of quotes for you to help in your glow up transformation!
Before you begin reading, know that the brightest glow will come from mental peace through discipline, self-acceptance, and attempts to become a happier person, not the perfect one!
Read ahead whenever you need the motivation to achieve your dreams!
The Words Of Well Known Figures
Listed below are valuable words from some of the most well-known writers, poets, thinkers, and many more people who have changed the course of history and continue to influence us with inspiring life lessons.
Here are some favorite life quotes that helped with my glow-up transformation!
The Words Of Audre Lorde
I can never begin to describe Audre Lorde’s impact on my life: radical feminist, American writer, and poet; she fought the good fight against sexism and racism.
Here are some of the most profound words she has written about the meaning of life:
1. “If I didn’t define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people’s fantasies for me and eaten alive.”
2. “When I dare to be powerful, to use my strength in the service of my vision, then it becomes less and less important whether I am afraid.”
3. “Next time, ask: What’s the worst that will happen? Then push yourself a little further than you dare.
Once you start to speak, people will yell at you. They will interrupt you, put you down and suggest it’s personal. And the world won’t end.
And the speaking will get easier and easier. And you will find you have fallen in love with your own vision, which you may never have realized you had.
And you will lose some friends and lovers, and realize you don’t miss them. And new ones will find you and cherish you.
And you will still flirt and paint your nails, dress up, and party because I think Emma Goldman said, “If I can’t dance, I don’t want to be part of your revolution.”
And at last, you’ll know with surpassing certainty that only one thing is more frightening than speaking your truth. And that is not speaking.”
4. “Pain is important: how we evade it, how we succumb to it, how we deal with it, how we transcend it.”
Here are life quotes from other known figures, such as James Baldwin, renowned American writer and author of Giovanni’s room.
5. “Life is tragic simply because the earth turns and the sun inexorably rises and sets, and one day, for each of us, the sun will go down for the last, last time.
It seems to me that one ought to rejoice in the fact of death — ought to decide, indeed, to earn one’s death by confronting with passion the conundrum of life.
One is responsible for life: It is the small beacon in that terrifying darkness from which we come and to which we shall return.”
I have something for people who’ve had trouble loving themselves:
6. “Love your hands! Love them. Raise them up and kiss them.
Touch others with them, pat them together, stroke them on your face ’cause they don’t love that either.
You got to love it, you! And no, they ain’t in love with your mouth. Yonder, out there, they will see it broken and break it again.
What you say out of it they will not heed. What you scream from it they do not hear.
What you put into it to nourish your body will snatch away and give you leavins instead. No, they don’t love your mouth.
You got to love it. This is flesh I’m talking about here. Flesh that needs to be loved. Feet that need to rest and to dance; backs that need support; shoulders that need arms, strong arms I’m telling you.
So love your neck; put a hand on it, grace it, stroke it and hold it up. and all your inside parts that they’d just as soon slop for hogs, you got to love them.
The dark, dark liver–love it, love it and the beat and beating heart, love that too. More than eyes or feet.
More than lungs that have yet to draw free air. More than your life-holding womb and your life-giving private parts, hear me now, love your heart.
For this is the prize.” -Toni Morrison
For those who could use some inspiration on not giving up:
7. “Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist.
Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at.
It matters that you don’t just give up.” -Stephen Hawkings
8. “Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.” -Voltaire
For those who could use some balance:
9. “There is nothing wrong with the love of Beauty. But Beauty – unless she is wed to something more meaningful – is always superficial.” -Donna Tartt
Glow Up Tips From Celebrities
There’s nothing like some motivation from our favorite people on screen. Here are some of the best glow quotes from famous celebrities!
10. “Walking gets too boring when you learn how to fly.” – Shakira
11. “You can undo a lot of things. If you’re not happy, you can become happy. Happiness is a choice.” – Jennifer Aniston
This is for those of us who don’t leave any room for doubt while contemplating human life:
12. “There is something insane about a lack of doubt. Doubt – to me, anyway – is what makes you human, and without doubt, even the righteous lose their grip, not only on reality but also on their humanity.” -Tilda Swinton
13. “I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself.” -Emma Watson
14. “Individuals have to decide what is true and real for them.” -Tom Cruise
15. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” -Coco Channel
16. “You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience.
You have rejection and you have learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.” -Taylor Swift
17. “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past.
I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” -Angelina Jolie
18. “The best revenge is massive success.” -Frank Sinatra
19. “The only failure is not to try.” -George Clooney
I hope you feel better about yourself, and life thinking about these quotes, and come back anytime you need a push in the right direction!