Want a bigger pout? Considering a lip plumper tool or device?
In this post we break down the top plumping tools (both manual and electric) on the market right now.
It’s difficult to find a lip plumping device that actually works. There are so many gimmicky plumpers on the market with less than impressive reviews and average ratings.
That’s why we’ve spent days scouring the internet to analyze and evaluate tons and tons of different lip plumpers to separate the hits from the misses. We don’t recommend products to our readers unless they’re backed up with high average ratings and positive reviews!
Keep reading to find out which lip plumpers actually work, and some new to the market (riskier, but less expensive) alternatives. Plus, we have a lip plumpers for newbies guide at the end!
With a drastic rise in popularity of lip injections, everyone seems to want a bigger pout lately.
Ever used one of those lip plumping lip glosses only to end up with throbbing lips that look no bigger?
Considered getting lip injections for a bigger pout but don’t want the risks and invasive needles in your lips?
There are a few lip plumping tools on the market that really work. Check them out in our list below.
> Top Electric Lip Plumpers On The Market Right Now
We have identified the best electric and manual lip plumper on the market right now based on reviews, features, and performance. However, both of these plumpers are quite expensive.
That’s why we also included some newer devices at a less expensive price:
- It’s important to note that less expensive models are a riskier purchase.
- They have very positive reviews thus far, however, there’s just not enough of a sample size to make a conclusive judgement on their quality and performance.
- They’re a good option if you’re interested in testing out a lip plumper on a budget.
#1. Best Value For Money: Mexitop (Improved) Automatic BeauX lip plumper
- Color: Brownish red
- Inventory: Lip plumper, bonus sponge pad, USB charger
- Great reviews for a lip plumper
- Minimizes fine lines as well as plumping
- Memory function & adjustable timing and pressure
- Small, portable, lightweight
- Quiet motor so it’s not a noisy device
- Two mouthpieces
- USB charging
- It didn’t work for a minority of customers
- Some customers say they wish results lasted longer
New and improved with digital display and adjustable settings
An upgrade from the 1st Generation BeauX lip plumper, this new and improved version includes extra features like a digital display system and a more efficient battery.
It’s easy to adjust the time and manual suction pressure depending on how it feels on your lips and your desired results.
The memory function locks in the time settings from your last session. This means once you have your desired settings, there’s no need to readjust until you need to charge it again.
The active settings (pressure level and seconds of plumping) are easy to view on the smart digital display. The digital display also shows how much battery is left in the device and when you’ll need to recharge.
Minimizes fine lines & includes two different mouthpieces for different results
Mexitop promises a noticeable, pouty appearance after use. It’s chemical free, reusable, and long lasting.
There are two mouthpiece options (round or oval) depending on your desired look. It’s possible to plump your upper lip bigger than the lower (or vice versa) by pushing the upper lip out more to achieve more suction.
Mexitop promises this lip plumper minimizes the appearance of fine lines and improves the capillary blood flow around the lips.
Small, portable, quiet, and lightweight – great for storage and travel
The small, portable device is ideal if you don’t have much storage space. It will fit nicely on a vanity table or in your purse. The small, lightweight design makes it great for travel. Plus, it’s ergonomically designed to feel comfortable when you hold it.
The new and improved motor is much more quiet – perfect if you try to avoid annoying loud noises in the morning or at night!
Ideal for beginners and easy to use
This lip plumper is ideal for beginners – the default suction and time settings (45KPA, 10 seconds) are effective but gentle enough for inexperienced users.
It’s easy to use – just gently pout and adjust your lips into the mouth shape of the device. Once you feel sealed into the mouthpiece, turn on the device using the default settings.
While Mexitop promises it won’t cause (much) pain or bruising, there are extra steps you can take to keep your lips safe while plumping. To prevent bruising, be sure not to use the device more than 3 times a day. Apply a lip balm beforehand and use the sponge pad on the lip plumper for extra safety.
Do NOT use this device if you have had lip injections or lip surgery of any kind. Also avoid this lip plumper if it gives you an uncomfortable feeling or if you have allergies.
Impressive reviews online for a lip plumping device
Overall, this device has really high reviews online for a lip plumper. Many customers said they were impressed by it. One customer said it does what it’s supposed to do, but she wishes the results lasted a it longer.
Reviewers say it’s easy to use and store. Plus, it doesn’t hurt and it’s easy to carry around in your purse. One reviewer said she really likes it and it acts as a good, cheaper replacement for her Juvalips device.
However, it didn’t work out for a minority of customers. One said it didn’t do much for their lips, another said it damaged their mouth.
This is a great option if you’re looking for a high quality lip plumper at a really reasonable price. The digital display, adjustable settings, and USB charging are reminiscent of a high end lip plumper. Plus, it’s easy lightweight, easy to carry around, features two different mouthpiece options, and helps to smooth fine lines.
The customer reviews are also really impressive, however it didn’t work for a minority of customers and some said they wish the effects lasted longer.
#2. Best Luxury Option: PMD KISS Lip Plumper Tool.
- Colors: Pink or Black
- Inventory: Kiss Device, 2 x Changeable Plumping Tips (small and large), USB charging cord, 0.17 oz/ 5mL Smart Lip Plumping Serum.
- No parabens, sulfates, phthalates
- Anti-aging (fine lines and wrinkle treatment)
- 2 plumping tips (small and large)
- 1 year warranty
- High average reviews
- Gentle on the lips
- Restores the natural color of the lips
- 2 settings
- Portable and USB charging
- Doesn’t come with detailed instructions
An anti-aging treatment and plumping machine in one
A solid favorite among beauty gurus on Youtube, the Kiss MD is an anti-aging lip treatment and plumping machine in one.
It works via unique pulsating vacuum technology and a special lip plumper serum designed to boost the volume of the lips, increase collagen, restore the lips’ color, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
The anti-aging properties make this plumper ideal for mature ladies, smokers, or those with sensitive skin.
If you already have lip injections, many customers noted it worked well with their lip fillers. It also works great on people with very thin lips.
The anti-aging properties and gentleness makes it a great option for mature ladies, smokers, those with sensitive skin, or anyone interested in taking preventative steps to curb the signs of aging.
This is not for someone hoping for dramatic results. The lips will plump and stay plump for hours, but it won’t give you duck lips. Long lasting, noticeable fullness to the lips develops over time after continued use.
Is it safe?
Safety is obviously a huge concern when it comes to lip plumping tools. You don’t want something so gentle it makes no difference to your lips, but at the same time you want something soft enough to prevent bruising and damage.
Kiss is free from parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. You don’t want harmful ingredients causing any side effects or irritation when you’re using a device so close to your skin.
Does it cause bruising?
While it may not give dramatic results, the device is soft and gentle to use. You don’t have to worry about it bruising or hurting (customers assure it doesn’t hurt or cause bruising) – a common concern about lip plumping machines.
How to use
The Kiss model is nice and flexible to use – there’s two settings (one gives softer results, the other more dramatic) and two plumping tips (small and large). The softer setting only takes about 10 minutes in total to use.
• Charge the device for 2 hours before use.
• Place the plumping serum on lips.
• Wait 6o seconds for the serum to absorb.
• Push the on button on the lip plumper tool. Put the plumper onto your lips, ensure there’s a tight seal to generate enough suction.
• Identify the 6 sections of your lips (right, centre, and left for each lip).
• Use the PMD Kiss on your lips in the 6 sections for 10-20 times on each section.
• For added fullness, use the device on your inner lip as well as outer.
The plumping sensation feels like a gentle lip tingling lip massage – it’s a great product to work into your relaxation routine. The temporary plumping results last hours. The Kiss PMD increases the production of collagen and size of the lips over time after continued use.
There’s a lot of junk plumpers on the market that don’t work for a majority of customers. The KISS PMD has amazing reviews considering it’s a lip plumper tool. It averages very high average reviews across multiple different platforms.
Plus, it comes with the assurance of a one year warranty in case it breaks down, and there’s a returns policy if doesn’t work out for you.
Most of the negative reviews are from customers expecting dramatic results. It’s not designed to give you huge lips. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out CandyLipz instead.
Many customers hated how loud the device is. It’s not a good option if you need to keep noise to a minimum. This plumper is quite expensive – the most expensive on the list, however it’s still less expensive than getting lip filler every six to twelve months!
If your budget is less restrictive and you want a top of the range gradual lip plumper with anti-aging benefits, this is a great option.
It’s gentle on the mouth and gradually increases the plumpness in the lips after continued use over time – great for sensitive or aging skin.
The product has a very high average rating across multiple platforms as of the time of writing. Each purchase is protected by a one year warranty for peace of mind.
Most of the (few) negative reviews are complaints about the loud noise or from customers expecting dramatic results. It’s not designed to give you huge lips. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out CandyLipz instead.
Less expensive alternatives
#3. Best Budget: Tecser 3 Levels Electric Lip Enhancer Plumper Tool.
- Dimensions: 7.08 x 2.2 x 1.96 inches
- Inventory: 1 lip plumper, 1 USB charging cable, 1 user guide
- 3 power levels – low, medium, and high
- One button only – easy to use
- Built in battery, portable and USB charging
- No harmful chemicals
- 2 plumping tip options: ‘apple lip’ or ‘plump lip’ effect
- Quick to use – just 1-2 mins
- No warranty information – check out Aldalife for a similar model with a one year warranty & 100% customer satisfaction promise
- Don’t go overboard – stick to the 1-2 minutes for safety reasons
Has an automatic deflation feature for safety, & is made from high quality silica gel for comfort
This model has impressive reviews, especially considering most lip plumping tools receive negative reviews online.
Tecser claims the ergonomically designed plumper feels comfortable and soft on the lips, and promises the device doesn’t cause injury or bruising when used correctly – keeping your safety worries at bay.
Three power levels (low, medium, or high) to achieve your desired results
This model provides three different power levels, so you can find the right suction to suit your mouth and desired results.
Like no.1 on this list, it charges via USB. Each full charge lasts up to 1 hour of use (on low power mode) – you won’t need to go through the fuss of charging this much.
It’s portable and lightweight, so it’s also great for travel and won’t take up much room in your house.
For further safety reassurance, the lip plumper automatically deflates after use to avoid damage to the lips.
The lip suction area is made of silica gel instead of plastic. The silica gel material is designed to be much more comfortable, softer, and more gentle on the lips than the plastic lip devices.
How to use
The device only has one on/off/pause button so it’s incredibly easy to use.
• Wet lips with lip balm before use.
• Each lip plumping session only lasts 1-2 minutes.
• Press the on button.
• Bring your lips to the suction area and start the suction gradually.
• When finished, press the on button again.
• The device will deflate automatically to prevent damage to the lips.
• You can repeat the process once more for fuller lips.
2 different plumping results possible with this plumper
Achieve a different look by switching to the ‘apple’ plastic tip option.
The ‘apple’ lips tip has a ridge in the middle on the bottom lip area to create the illusion of a bigger bottom lip. Most people have a larger bottom lip, so the ‘apple’ tip creates a natural, sultry pout.
The default tip does not have this ridge, it works great if you want to give the impression of a more balanced lip size ratio.
For such a reasonable priced plumper, the fact it comes with two tips is impressive. Less expensive devices like this are a great way to test out which plumping effect looks best on you.
Looking for peace of mind? Check out Aldalife on Amazon for a 1 year warranty and 100% customer satisfaction service.
The downside to Tecser is that there’s no warranty information. Aldalife provide a similar model with the added benefit of a one year warranty and a promise of 100% customer satisfaction. Doesn’t match your expectations? Contact customer service for a remedy. However, Aldalife’s reviews aren’t as positive.
This is a great option if you’re looking for a simple, no fuss, quick, reasonably priced lip plumper with some nice unique features.
It has a special deflation mechanism after use, it comes with two tips for flexible plumping, and is partly made of silica gel for comfort and softness on the lips.
However, Tecser doesn’t provide warranty information. Aldalife comes with a 1 year warranty and customer satisfaction service. It’s less of a risky purchase than Tecser and most cheaper lip plumping devices.
#4. Best Portable Plumper: GARYOB Electronic Lip Plumper Tool.
- Simple design
- Budget friendly
- Portable – hand shape mini handle (fits in your handbag)
- Painless, safe, and natural
- Made of environmentally friendly material
- Intelligent pause and shut off function for safety
- Because it’s a new product, there’s not a lot of feedback
- No warranty
- Only one speed option
GARYOB claims this plumper gives a pain free, safe, gentle, and natural lip plump, suitable for nearly all lip shapes.
No warranty or guarantee – but it’s a more affordable plumper than the others
The most affordable electronic lip plumper on the list, this simple design lip plumper is a good option if you’re on a budget.
However, unlike the previous two entries, it does not come with a warranty or guarantee. While it’s the least expensive on the list, it’s also the riskiest purchase.
If you’re a risk averse person this isn’t the plumper for you. However, if you’re looking for a no frill lip plumper for under 30 bucks, this is a good option.
Portable – great for travel, or plumping in any room of your house
It’s even more portable-friendly and lightweight than the previous 2 options on this list. It has a hand shaped mini handle and will fit easily in your handbag for plumping on the go.
You can use it on your couch while you’re watching TV after work, in the morning for a quick lip massage when you wake up, or even on the commute into work if you’re brave enough!
Pause and shut off functions for safety
Safety is paramount when you’re using a device like this. The last thing you want is bruising or damage to the lips. The plumper features an intelligent pause and shut off function to keep safety concerns at bay.
The mouthpiece area is detachable from the main body of the plumper, and device is made of environmentally friendly material.
How to use this lip plumper tool
• Clean the mouthpiece area with a damp cloth before use.
• Don’t allow water to fall into the interior, or the inspiration pump could become damaged.
• Press lips against the mouth area of the plumper, holding them tightly closed.
• Touch the power button to turn it on.
• When the lips begin to feel ‘stretched’, press the power button.
• Repeat the previous step to massage the lips several times, 2-3 seconds each time.
• Customers noted the plumper exceeded their expectations considering the affordable price.
• The short interval method (described in the how to use section above) works well to gradually see the progress in plumpness.
If you’re curious about lip plumpers but not sure if you really want one, this is a great way to find out without spending a lot of money!
Although there’s very little feedback yet, the feedback so far is positive about the product. However, it doesn’t come with a warranty, so don’t get this if you don’t like a gamble.
It’s the most portable and travel friendly electronic plumper on the list. But it doesn’t have the nice unique features that the 2 previous entries on the list have.
> Top Manual Lip Plumpers On The Market Right Now
#5. Best Manual Plumper: Candylipz (Model B) Lip Plumper Tool.
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Inventory: hand-dyed gift box, the model B plumper, a blocker (to isolate one lip), a free jelly cushion.
- Won over 30 awards
- Great for small and thin lips
- Ideal for beginners
- Single and double lobed suction options
- Comes with free jelly cushion
- Eco friendly, ultra-hyproallergenic, and non-toxic
- Can achieve dramatic results
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Can cause ‘hickey like’ red marks for up to 28 days after first use
- Not suitable for sensitive skin, those with certain health conditions, those will filler or lip implants
- Can be a small bit painful to use initially
- All sales are final due to hygienic reasons
Multi-award winning plumper, claims to plump lips by almost 40% after 60 days
Winner of 30 awards, and holder of over 30 patents in counting, the Candylipz brand is top of the range for manual lip plumpers.
The model B is a single lobe red apple plumper that works great for beginners with thin lips and small mouths. It can be used on both lips at the same time or separately.
Candylipz claims the plumper will increase lip volume by almost 40% after use for 60 days, and improve water retention for 24 hours, blood flow, lip visibility, and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Does it cause bruising? Is it safe?
This lip plumper tool does not cause bruising when used correctly.
Red hickey-like marks caused by increased blood flow (erythema) are possible, but this is not to be confused with bruising or broken blood vessels. The redness disappears within 9 days for 95% of subjects and 100% within 28 days.
The materials used to make the plumper are 100% environmentally friendly, ultra-hyproallergenic, non-toxic, and recyclable.
The free gel cushion is NOT designed to prevent bruising – it can actually make bruising worse as it is designed for a more intense plump. Most customers will not need to use the cushion until they’ve become completely accustomed to using the device.
You should be very gentle when using the plumper for the first 10 days to prevent side effects from over plumping.
Who is this lip plumper tool for? Who is it not for?
It’s specially designed for beginners with thin lips and small mouths.
It should not be used by people with health issues, skin diseases or conditions that increase the risk of bleeding, bruising. Avoid if you have sensitive skin.
It is NOT suitable for people who have lip injections or lip implants.
How to use
Detailed instructions are available in the user guide.
• Remove the blocker and wash all the plump parts with dishwasher soap in cold water.
• Massage your clean, smooth lips.
• Align the plumper with your lips (the opening should be aligned to the center).
• Pucker your lips as much as possible and hold them together.
• Compress the lip plump (as demonstrated here).
• Pucker your lips into the pump as far as possible and release the lip pump slowly. If the suction is right, the pump will stick to your lips handsfree.
• Leave for 1-2 minutes.
• To remove: compress and slowly wiggle the pump so it comes off easily.
This lip plumper is really highly reviewed online across multiple platforms.
Customers liked the dramatic results that this plumper achieves. Reviews also stressed the importance of being gentle and careful not to over use the device to practice safe plumping.
There are mixed reviews on how long the temporary plump lasts – somewhere between 2 to 24 hours for most people. A lot of customers noted that they saw an increase in the size of their lips (without plumping) over time with continued use.
For hygiene reasons, all sales are final.
Looking for a high quality manual plumping and anti-aging tool that can provide dramatic immediate results and gradually increase the size of your lips over time? This is a great option for you.
Although it’s quite expensive, it does have impressive customer reviews and has won over 30 awards. The price might be worth it for you.
All sales are final because of hygiene concerns. It can cause redness and a slight pain in the beginning, it’s important to follow the instructions carefully when using it initially.
> TL;DR – Which Lip Plumper Tool Is The Best For Me?
- If you have some money to spend on a plumper, & want a top of the range soft and gentle gradual lip plumper with anti-aging benefits, the Kiss PMD (covered by a 1 year warranty) is a great option.
- Want high end features without splashing too much cash? Mexitop provides a lot of the features of the top lip plumpers without the ultra high price tag.
- Tecser‘s lip plumper tool is perfect if you’re looking for a simple, no fuss, quick, reasonably priced lip plumper with some nice unique features. If you like the look of the Tecser, but want the added security of a one year warranty and customer satisfaction service, the Aldalife electric model is a great alternative.
- If you’re curious about lip plumpers but not sure if you really to invest money in one, the budget friendly GARYOB is a great way to find out if lip plumpers are for you! It’s portable and travel friendly It doesn’t have a lot reviews and it doesn’t come with a warranty, so it is a risky purchase.
- Looking for a high quality manual plumping and anti-aging tool that can provide dramatic immediate results and gradually increase the size of your lips over time? The Candylipz manual plumper is a great option for you. It has impressive customer reviews, however all sales are final because of hygiene concerns. Therefore it is a bit of a risky choice.
> Lip Plumpers For Newbies
What are lip plumpers?
Lip plumpers are tools that massage the lips to produce plumping and anti-aging effects, both temporarily and more permanently with continued use. There’s some academic research to back up the efficacy of lip plumpers.
How long does the lip plumping effect last?
The temporary effect can vary from person to person and depends on the device used. Typically, the temporary effect can last between 2 – 24 hours.
After continued use, some plumpers can produce a more permanent effect – with lips looking noticeably plumper even when the device hasn’t been used in a while.
How do lip plumpers work? How to use them?
There are two main types of lip plumper tools and devices: electric and manual.
- Electric devices need to be charged, are typically more expensive, however they do the plumping work for you.
- Manual tools are generally cheaper but the user needs to manually control the plumping, and it can be difficult to learn the technique in the beginning.
Are lip plumpers bad for you? Are they safe?
Some lip plumper tool models on the market are known to cause bruising and damage to the lips.
The two top electronic and manual plumpers on this list are safe to use and gentle on the lips. They:
- Are high quality products from reputable brands
- Receive overwhelming positive reviews
- Have undergone safety clinical trials
- Contain safety features to prevent bruising
Want to buy some lipstick for your plumped up pout? Learn about the present, past, and future of lipsticks so you can avoid harmful ingredients!