Want a bigger pout? Considering a lip plumper tool or device?
In this post we break down the top plumping tools (both manual and electric) on the market right now.
It’s difficult to find a lip plumping device that actually works. There are so many gimmicky plumpers on the market with less than impressive reviews and average ratings.
That’s why we’ve spent days scouring the internet to analyze and evaluate tons and tons of different lip plumpers to separate the hits from the misses. We don’t recommend products to our readers unless they’re backed up with high average ratings and positive reviews!
Keep reading to find out which lip plumpers actually work, and some new to the market (riskier, but less expensive) alternatives. Plus, we have a lip plumpers for newbies guide at the end!
> TL;DR | What Is The Best Lip Plumper Device For Me?
(Image: PMD Kiss)
- Need a high-quality electric lip plumper tool that will provide effective yet pain-free plumping? We highly recommend the Juvalips model. It is available on Amazon in Black / Blue / White.
- If you have some money to spend on a plumper, & want a top of the range soft and gentle gradual lip plumper with anti-aging benefits, the PMD KISS [Available Here: Ulta / Sephora / Look Fantastic] is a great option.
- Need a lip plumper to suit your mature skin that is losing collagen and elastin? The Conair Lip Plumper is amazing for older women.
- Want something pain free and soothing? LESCOLTON is great for gradual gentle and almost healing plumping!
- Looking for a high quality manual plumping and anti-aging tool that can provide dramatic immediate results and gradually increase the size of your lips over time? The Candylipz manual plumper [Available: Candylipz / Amazon] is a great option for you. It has impressive customer reviews, however, all sales are final because of hygiene concerns. Therefore it is a bit of a risky choice.
With a drastic rise in the popularity of lip injections, everyone seems to want a bigger pout lately.
Ever used one of those lip plumping lip glosses only to end up with throbbing lips that look no bigger?
Considered getting lip injections for a bigger pout but don’t want the risks and invasive needles in your lips?
There are a few lip plumping tools on the market that really work. Check them out in our list below.
A Balm Style Plumper That Really Works
Interested in a less-invasive lip plumping method? Consider the PCA SKIN Hyaluronic Acid Hydrating Lip Booster – a moisturizing gloss syle plumper that actually increases the appearance of your lips! Thanks to the repairing formula, it’s a great option if you suffer from chapped lips.
What about plumping lip glosses? Check out our review of the impressive City Lips plumper
> Top Electric Lip Plumpers On The Market Right Now
We have identified the best electric and manual lip plumper on the market right now based on reviews, features, and performance. However, both of these plumpers are quite expensive.
That’s why we also included some newer devices at a less expensive price:
- It’s important to note that less expensive models are a riskier purchase.
- They have very positive reviews thus far, however, there’s just not enough of a sample size to make a conclusive judgment on their quality and performance.
- They’re a good option if you’re interested in testing out a lip plumper on a budget.
#1.Juvalips Lip Plumper Tool (Best Overall Electric Plumper)
- Colors: White, Sky Blue, Jet Black
- Inventory: JuvaLips Original lip plumper device, removable mouthpiece, microfiber carrying bag, 2 AAA batteries, 15 replacement pads.
- Plumps Both Upper And Top Lip At Once
- Made In The USA
- Plump Lips In 1 – 2 Mins That Lasts Hours
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- 1 Year Warranty
- Pain Free
- Includes Replacement Pads For 100s Of Uses
Safe And Pain-Free Plump Lips In Mere Seconds That Will Last Hours
Juvalips is an advanced electric lip plumper that provides hours of plump results in just minutes!
In 60 – 120 seconds you can achieve plumpness to last for 4 – 6 hours, or even longer if you continuously use it over time. It works by increasing the blood flow in your lips for a more voluptuous and fuller appearance. Not only is it completely natural and safe for use, but it was also made in the USA so you know it was made subject to the highest standards.
The specially designed mouthpiece is compact and both safe and easy to use. Push the button to control the time setting for your lip plumping treatment. The device is specially designed so that treatment is regulated carefully to produce just enough pressure to boost your blood flow and achieve pain-free plumping without the need for injections!
Not happy with the Juvalips plumping tool? Juvalips provide a 30-day money-back guarantee and a one year warranty for any customers who are not happy with their purchase and those who experience malfunctioning issues respectively.
Not only does each set come with the device, a removable mouthpiece, batteries, and a carrying bag, it also features 15 replacement pads that will last you for 100s of uses.
How To Use
- Make sure the suction is tight enough so it can hang from your mouth without needing support after 20 seconds of use. Otherwise, the air will get in and break the plumping seal.
- You will know you are using it correctly if you feel the blood flow increasing in your lips. Your lips should turn a much darker shade of red, blue, or purple after use. Do not worry – this is normal! It will fade in seconds and you will have a natural-looking lip color and much plumper looking lips.
The reviews are highly impressive considering most lip plumpers receive mostly negative feedback.
Most customers say that it really does work. A lot of reviewers familiar with lip plumpers claim it’s the best they have ever used.
One customer loves that it does both of your lips at the same time. A lot of plumpers require you to do the bottom and top lip separately but this Juvalips model does the whole mouth at the same time!
Another said she’s been using it for quite some time and hasn’t experienced any bruising or pain at all. A different customer claims that she uses it every day, the effects last for hours, and she says it’s great for travel because it is so small.
However, one reviewer remarked that the motor was a bit noisy, and another said she wishes the plumping effect lasted longer.
If you want a high-quality electric lip plumping tool that works for a majority of customers, does not cause bruising, and provides hours of plumpness – this Juvalips model is a great option for you!
However, it is quite more expensive than the budget options so it is more of an investment.
#2. PMD KISS (Best Luxury Lip Plumper Tool)
- Colors: Pink or Black
- Inventory: Kiss Device, 2 x Changeable Plumping Tips (small and large), USB charging cord, 0.17 oz/ 5mL Smart Lip Plumping Serum.
- No parabens, sulfates, phthalates
- Anti-aging (fine lines and wrinkle treatment)
- 2 plumping tips (small and large)
- 1 year warranty
- High average reviews
- Gentle on the lips
- Restores the natural color of the lips
- 2 settings
- Portable and USB charging
- Doesn’t come with detailed instructions
An Anti-Aging Treatment And Plumping Machine In One
A solid favorite among beauty gurus on Youtube, the Kiss MD is an anti-aging lip treatment and plumping machine in one.
It works via unique pulsating vacuum technology and a special lip plumper serum designed to boost the volume of the lips, increase collagen, restore the lips’ color, and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Anti-Aging Properties Ideal For Mature Ladies, Smokers, Or Sensitive Skin
If you already have lip injections, many customers noted it worked well with their lip fillers. It also works great on people with very thin lips.
This is not for someone hoping for dramatic results. The lips will plump and stay plump for hours, but it won’t give you duck lips. Long-lasting, noticeable fullness to the lips develops over time after continued use.
Is It Safe?
Safety is obviously a huge concern when it comes to lip plumping tools. You don’t want something so gentle it makes no difference to your lips, but at the same time, you want something soft enough to prevent bruising and damage.
Kiss is free from parabens, sulfates, and phthalates. You don’t want harmful ingredients causing any side effects or irritation when you’re using a device so close to your skin.
Does It Cause Bruising?
While it may not give dramatic results, the device is soft and gentle to use. You don’t have to worry about it bruising or hurting (customers assure it doesn’t hurt or cause bruising) – a common concern about lip plumping machines.
How To Use
The Kiss model is nice and flexible to use – there are two settings (one gives softer results, the other more dramatic) and two plumping tips (small and large). The softer setting only takes about 10 minutes in total to use.
• Charge the device for 2 hours before use.
• Place the plumping serum on lips.
• Wait 6o seconds for the serum to absorb.
• Push the on button on the lip plumper tool. Put the plumper onto your lips, ensure there’s a tight seal to generate enough suction.
• Identify the 6 sections of your lips (right, center, and left for each lip).
• Use the PMD Kiss on your lips in the 6 sections for 10-20 times on each section.
• For added fullness, use the device on your inner lip as well as outer.
The plumping sensation feels like a gentle lip-tingling lip massage – it’s a great product to work into your relaxation routine. The temporary plumping results last hours. The Kiss PMD increases the production of collagen and size of the lips over time after continued use.
There’s a lot of junk plumpers on the market that don’t work for a majority of customers. The KISS PMD has amazing reviews considering it’s a lip plumper tool. It averages very high average reviews across multiple different platforms.
Plus, it comes with the assurance of a one year warranty in case it breaks down, and there’s a returns policy if doesn’t work out for you.
Most of the negative reviews are from customers expecting dramatic results. It’s not designed to give you huge lips. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out CandyLipz instead.
Many customers hated how loud the device is. It’s not a good option if you need to keep noise to a minimum. This plumper is quite expensive – one of the most expensive on the list, however, it’s still less expensive than getting lip filler every six to twelve months!
If your budget is less restrictive and you want a top of the range gradual lip plumper with anti-aging benefits, this is a great option.
It’s gentle on the mouth and gradually increases the plumpness in the lips after continued use over time – great for sensitive or aging skin.
The product has a very high average rating across multiple platforms as of the time of writing. Each purchase is protected by a one year warranty for peace of mind.
Most of the (few) negative reviews are complaints about the loud noise or from customers expecting dramatic results. It’s not designed to give you huge lips. If that’s what you’re looking for, check out CandyLipz instead.
Pmd Kiss vs Juvalips
Juvalips and PMD Kiss are two of the most well known and best-reviewed lip plumping machines on the market (not surprising considering they’re both pretty expensive)! It’s not always obvious which one you should personally go for, so we’ve made it easy for you!
- A One Year Warranty
- Similar Cost
- Well Made
- Good Customer Feedback Overall
Juvalips Is Great If You Want:
- Made In The USA
- No Need To Apply A Lip Serum With Use
- Built-In Timer That Stops Automatically When Your Lips Are Plumped
- Battery Powered (No Recharging)
PMD Kiss Is Better For:
(Image: PMD Kiss)
- Anti-Aging Benefits
- Works Well If You Already Have Lip Injections (Or Without)
- Serum Included
- Good For Sensitive Skin
#3.LESCOLTON Lip Plumping Enhancer (Best Pain Free, Soothing Plumper)
Colors: Blue, red, purple, white
Inventory: 2 Removable silicone mouth trays, lip plumping device, USB charging cable, manual
- Auto times for exactly 3 minutes
- Pain Free
- Red light therapy for collagen growth
- Good for pigmentation and reduces fine lines
- Reduces damage from cold sores, bruising, sunburn, and other cuts
- 80 uses before charging
- Easy for on the go usage
- Takes time to see the results
- Results may vary
Red Light Plumping, Anti-Aging, and Smoothing Lip Device All In One
Want softer, plumper lips in just 3 minutes a day? The Lescolton lip care plumping device utilizes red light therapy to stimulate collagen production – resulting in smoother, better pigmented, and plumper lips over time!
Unlike other lip plumpers, this red lip therapy device works the lip inside out to improve firmness and plumpness while also tackling damage caused by cuts, cold sores, bruising, and sunburn. This particular plumper uses 42 LED light sources filtered through a lense for safe and effective stimulation.
Easy To Use, Convenient, & Safe
Hate waiting around for your electronic devices to charge? This lip plumper lasts for 5 hours (or 80 uses) when fully charged, and only takes 2.5 hours to charge up! Plus, there’s no need to keep track of time when you use it. This device automatically times for 3 minutes when you switch it on, and automatically turns off once the 3 minutes is up.
The mouth tray is silicone based for a soft, comfortable, and gentle feel on your lips. Dermatologist tested, this lip plumping tool enhances the color of your lips, improves ton and texture, and increases circulation in addition to plumping. Plus, it minimizes lines and wrinkles on the lips too for a more youthful appearance.
Note: the lip plumping tool gets lightly warm when in use (the temperature is ~3 degrees higher than the normal temperature)
The reviews are impressive, especially considering lip plumper tools are rarely highly reviewed!
Customers like that it comes packaged nicely and secure. Multiple customers mentioned that this lip tool is easy to use while multitasking – some even use it while doing work, driving, or doing chores around the house!
One reviewer said it’s easy to use, feels comfortable, is lightweight in your hands, and the instructions are easy to use. It does not have a painful or noticeable sucking sensation on your lips!
Some said they noticed a difference quickly, while others said it takes a bit longer than they expected. A couple of reviewers said they saw more plumpness immediately after use, others said it took a week and a half, while a minority claimed they didn’t see a difference at all.
Others mentioned they’ve recommended this lip plumping tool to friends and family too.
One reviewer notes her lips look much fuller about 10 days after her first use with continual use for 3 minutes each day!
Need a soft and pain-free lip plumping tool that helps soothe damaged lips? This LESCOLTON device has similar anti-aging benefits to the Conair lip plumper tool, but it really stands out for its pain-free improvements to the texture and feel of your lips. Great if you want a relaxing treatment are willing to wait a little while for gradual noticeable results. Not the best option if you are impatient!
#4. Conair True Glow Light Therapy Anti-Aging Lip Plumper Tool (Best Anti-Aging Lip Plumper)
Inventory: light therapy lip plumping device, silicone mouth tray, USB cord, glasses for eye protection, and storage pouch.
- 54 Different Lights Help Restore Lost Elastin & Collagen
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Diminishes Vertical Lip Lines, Lip Creates, & Smile Lines
- FDA Cleared
- Safe For All Skin Types
- Some Malfunction Issues For A Minority
Plumps Up And Reduces The Signs Of Aging On The Lips With Life Therapy
A slightly longer treatment than the others, this light therapy lip care tool provides a three-minute plumping and anti-aging experience to your lips.
As you age, the collagen and elastin in your skin diminish. This lip plumping tool doubles as an anti-aging treatment that aims to restore some of this lost plumpness. 56 different lights (14 amber, 14 red, 14 light red, and 14 infrared) combine to create a powerful light energy that stimulates the elastin and collagen production in your lips.
This process diminishes fine lines and wrinkles on the lips while also tackling lip creases, vertical lip lines, and smile lines. The overall effect is a bigger and more youthful-looking mouth! Safe for all skin types, it helps enhance the color, texture, and tone of your lips.
This Conair lip plumping and anti-aging treatment tool is FDA cleared (OTC Class 2) for added peace of mind.
To charge the device, just plug it into the wall or your computer. Charging takes approximately three hours.
How To Use
- The lip plumper is easy to use.
- First, you wash the mouth guard (it is much like a teeth whitening kit mouthguard). Turn the lights on with the power button.
- It will automatically turn off after 3 minutes, but you can stop earlier if you wish by pressing the power button.
- Your lips will be plumper and the treatment will reduce the signs of aging over time.
Reviews are impressive so far.
One customer notes that her lips feel a lot smoother and plumper after using this tool, and she has noticed some of the lines on her lips are disappearing over time.
Another reviewer was impressed that Conair considered the safety of light therapy and include some eye protection in the kit. Others like that the plastic mouth guard is so soft and not uncomfortable in the mouth.
However, a different customer was disappointed that the charging process was faulty on her device.
Want a lip tool that will make your lips look bigger while reducing the signs of aging on the mouth? This is a great option for any mature woman or those with many dry, cracked, permanent lines in their lips.
> Top Manual Lip Plumpers On The Market Right Now
#5. Candylipz (Model B) Apple Lip Plumper Tool (Best Manual Plumper)
- Weight: 0.16 ounces
- Inventory: hand-dyed gift box, the model B plumper, a blocker (to isolate one lip), a free jelly cushion.
- Won over 30 awards
- Great for small and thin lips
- Ideal for beginners
- Single and double-lobed suction options
- Comes with free jelly cushion
- Eco friendly, ultra-hypoallergenic, and non-toxic
- Can achieve dramatic results
- Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Can cause ‘hickey like’ red marks for up to 28 days after first use
- Not suitable for sensitive skin, those with certain health conditions, those will filler or lip implants
- Can be a small bit painful to use initially
- All sales are final due to hygienic reasons
Multi-Award Winning Plumper | Claims To Plump Lips By Almost 40% After 60 days
Winner of 30 awards, and holder of over 30 patents in counting, the Candylipz brand is top of the range for manual lip plumpers.
The model B is a single lobe red apple plumper that works great for beginners with thin lips and small mouths. It can be used on both lips at the same time or separately.
Candylipz claims the plumper will increase lip volume by almost 40% after use for 60 days, and improve water retention for 24 hours, blood flow, lip visibility, and reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
Does It Cause Bruising? Is It Safe?
This lip plumper tool does not cause bruising when used correctly.
Red hickey-like marks caused by increased blood flow (erythema) are possible, but this is not to be confused with bruising or broken blood vessels. The redness disappears within 9 days for 95% of subjects and 100% within 28 days.
The materials used to make the plumper are 100% environmentally friendly, ultra-hypoallergenic, non-toxic, and recyclable.
The free gel cushion is NOT designed to prevent bruising – it can actually make bruising worse as it is designed for a more intense plump. Most customers will not need to use the cushion until they’ve become completely accustomed to using the device.
You should be very gentle when using the plumper for the first 10 days to prevent side effects from over plumping.
Who Is This Lip Plumper Tool For? Who Is It Not For?
It’s specially designed for beginners with thin lips and small mouths.
It should not be used by people with health issues, skin diseases or conditions that increase the risk of bleeding, bruising. Avoid if you have sensitive skin.
It is NOT suitable for people who have lip injections or lip implants.
How To Use
Detailed instructions are available in the user guide.
• Remove the blocker and wash all the plump parts with dishwasher soap in cold water.
• Massage your clean, smooth lips.
• Align the plumper with your lips (the opening should be aligned to the center).
• Pucker your lips as much as possible and hold them together.
• Compress the lip plump (as demonstrated here).
• Pucker your lips into the pump as far as possible and release the lip pump slowly. If the suction is right, the pump will stick to your lips handsfree.
• Leave for 1-2 minutes.
• To remove: compress and slowly wiggle the pump so it comes off easily.
This lip plumper is really highly reviewed online across multiple platforms.
Customers liked the dramatic results that this plumper achieves. Reviews also stressed the importance of being gentle and careful not to overuse the device to practice safe plumping.
There are mixed reviews on how long the temporary plump lasts – somewhere between 2 to 24 hours for most people. A lot of customers noted that they saw an increase in the size of their lips (without plumping) over time with continued use.
For hygiene reasons, all sales are final.
Looking for a high-quality manual plumping and anti-aging tool that can provide dramatic immediate results and gradually increase the size of your lips over time? This is a great option for you.
Although it’s quite expensive, it does have impressive customer reviews and has won over 30 awards. The price might be worth it for you.
All sales are final because of hygiene concerns. It can cause redness and slight pain in the beginning, it’s important to follow the instructions carefully when using it initially.
> Lip Plumpers For Newbies
What Are Lip Plumpers?
Lip plumpers are tools that massage the lips to produce plumping and anti-aging effects, both temporarily and more permanently with continued use. There’s some academic research to back up the efficacy of lip plumpers.
How Long Does The Lip Plumping Effect Last?
The temporary effect can vary from person to person and depends on the device used. Typically, the temporary effect can last between 2 – 24 hours.
After continued use, some plumpers can produce a more permanent effect – with lips looking noticeably plumper even when the device hasn’t been used in a while.
How Does A Lip Plumper Work?
There are two main types of lip plumper tools and devices: electric and manual.
- Electric devices need to be charged, are typically more expensive, however, they do the plumping work for you.
- Manual tools are generally cheaper but the user needs to manually control the plumping, and it can be difficult to learn the technique in the beginning.
Are Lip Plumper Tools Safe? Do Lip Plumpers Damage Your Lips?
Some lip plumper tool models on the market are known to cause bruising and damage to the lips.
The two top electronic and manual plumpers on this list are safe to use and gentle on the lips. They:
- Are high quality products from reputable brands
- Receive overwhelming positive reviews
- Have undergone safety clinical trials
- Contain safety features to prevent bruising